Healthy Strawberry or Raspberry Ice-cream
If you’re looking for something sweet and delicious that is also healthy and natural, you have to try this healthy strawberry or raspberry ice-cream! The frozen bananas give the ‘ice-cream’ an amazing creaminess and richness, and the strawberries add gorgeous flavour!
Personally, I don’t think there’s any need to add sweeteners because the bananas are naturally sweet, but if you do want it a little sweeter, add a dash of unsweetened fruit juice or some liquid stevia.
This dessert would be great served with sliced strawberries, blueberries, mango or kiwi!
Making Ice Lollies
It could also be used to make ice-lollies! Talking of ice-lollies – if you are a fan, check our the recipe for these delicious mango ice lollies!
For a Creamier Version
For a more decadent version, blend 4 cups of frozen strawberries with 1 ripe banana and 4tbs organic cream. mmmm, num num…..
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (or raspberries)
- 2tbs lime juice
- Optional: add 1/2 cup unsweetened fruit juice to the mix, to sweeten it if necessary.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth in a blender, or using a stick blender.
- Put back in the freezer and allow to harden a bit.
- Serve immediately or repeat the blending process a couple times. This will result in a smoother and lighter end product. Alternatively, use an ice-cream machine to do the work for you, if you have one!