How to make mint water – a simple and refreshing summer drink!
This simple combination makes a beautifully refreshing drink on a hot summer’s day and was a favourite of mine this Ramadan.
This was actually a favourite (and staple) of mine for iftar this Ramadan. The mint, lemon and cucumber all lend their subtle flavours to the water and create a delicious combination, perfect for a hot afternoon!
The bonus is that it’s incredibly simple to make and I’m all about simple – no mess, no fuss and no major prep! Alhamdullilah.
NOTE: If you’d like a sweet version, you can add a few drops of liquid stevia to the mix or a little apple juice.
- A handful of fresh mint
- ¼ lemon
- ½ small cucumber (sliced into strips)
- Water (and ice - optional)
- Put the mint, cucumber and water into a glass, squeeze the lemon juice into the glass too and then throw the whole thing in there (lemon rind is also zingy and adds to the flavour)
- Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes then it's ready to drink!
- That's it. Make some more..