Pomegranate, Avocado and Quinoa Salad
This pomegranate, avocado and quinoa salad came about as one of those ‘I have some leftover quinoa… what else have I got in the fridge that might go with it’ moments and, alhamdullilah, it turned out great! MashaAllah.
I love throw-together-salads (and salads that veer away from the standard lettuce, tomato and cucumber).
The more colourful, the better and the varieties are endless!
Throw-together-salads are also an excellent way to use up leftovers so that nothing ever goes to waste.
- These are all quantity estimates. There honestly are no hard and fast rules to making salads so just go with whatever you have available, leave out what you don’t, and tweak quantities to taste (and/or availability).
- Keep it simple and have fun!
- You’ll notice I have 2 options for dressings – to be 100% honest, most of the time I simply use lemon or lime and olive oil because it’s easy (and tastes good too) but I do occasionally get enthusiastic and make salad dressings and I’m always happy when I do, ‘cause they’re super yummy!
- I make a delicious raspberry vinegar dressing which I love – and it goes very well with just about anything, including this simple salad!
- 2 cups of leafy greens (like baby spinach)
- 2 tbs fresh coriander – chopped
- ½ cup cooked red quinoa (or any other type)
- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions (shallots) – chopped
- 1 small tomato - diced
- 1 small cucumber – diced or sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1-2tbs sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds
- 2tsp chia seeds
- 1tbs Olive oil and 1tbs lime to taste (or you can go for the super delicious raspberry vinegar dressing if you fancy a little extra zing)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place green leafies at the bottom.
- Spoon the quinoa on top of that then add the diced tomato, spring onions and cucumber.
- Add the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and pomegranate seeds
- Drizzle with lime and olive oil, or salad dressing, add salt and pepper to tatste, and you’re good to go.