As salaamu aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barrakhatu,
I’m so happy you’re here!
Healthy Muslimah has been a dream in the making for several years and I’m immensely grateful it’s finally become a reality, alhamdulillah! There have been some setbacks and hurdles along the way but in the last few months, things have been falling into place and I’ve decided to just say ‘Bismillah’ and get started.
There might be a few hiccups as we get up and running, an occasional broken link, a few typos and no doubt several learning curves so please bear with me as I find my feet. Jazzak Allah khayran.
So, who is Healthy Muslimah for?
Absolutely everyone is welcome! Whether you’re just starting out on your health journey, you’re just ‘checking out the health scene’ or you’re a seasoned health nut…you’re in the right place! In’sha’Allah, there will be something for everyone!
What is Healthy Muslimah about?
Above all else, Healthy Muslimah is about trying to please our Creator by taking care of what He has blessed us with to the best of our ability while being kind and gentle with ourselves and others.
O mankind! Eat whatever is on earth, lawful and good for you (Quran: Al-Baqarah, 168)
I heard Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) saying, “The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.’ (Bukhari)
- It’s about trying to help us find focus and remember our purpose in a world that is bursting with distractions.
- It’s about trying to help us find our centre and balance in a world where we so often feel busy or overwhelmed.
- It’s about trying to make small positive changes, for the sake of Allah, one tiny step at a time.
- It’s about eating real food.
- It’s about gaining health and energy.
- It’s about intention.
- It’s about slowing down.
- It’s about simplifying.
- It’s about enjoying moments.
- It’s about gratitude.
- It’s about healing.
- It’s about being easy with yourself. And others
- It’s about being kind to yourself. And others
- It’s about taking care of what we have been blessed with and nourishing ourselves, mind, body and soul. And others
‘Wellness is more than just the absence of disease.’ Unknown
The aim is to keep things simple and easy, in shaa Allah and give you all the information you need to help make the best choices for you and your family as well as the tools to make lasting changes.
No stress, no pressure, no crazy complexity and NO’food police’.
Making changes can sometimes be challenging, and so can knowing where to start. Sometimes, we all need a little nudge, some words of encouragement, or a helping hand and a reminder that even the smallest positive change counts. I pray that Healthy Muslimah will be that for you!
At the end of the day, Healthy Muslimah isn’t about me, it’s about you.
- It’s about you wanting to make changes and take steps towards greater health and wellbeing.
- It’s about you wanting to make the best health choices for you and your family.
- It’s about your questions and interests and me doing the best I can to answer them, in shaa Allah.
I really care about what you need so please, tell me what you’re struggling with.
The warmest of welcomes to you dear sister. I hope you’ll stay a while!
The Guided Tour
Now that we’ve done introductions, grab a cup of tea, get comfy and allow me to give you a brief guided tour…
- Find out Where Healthy Muslimah Began
- Read Healthy Muslimah’s Philosophy
- Try out some delicious Recipes
How to Find Articles: if you’re looking for particular topics, use the search option in the sidebar or look through the menus at the top of the page.
We’re still new and building content but here’s a sneak preview of what’s coming up in shaa Allah!
- Simple Tips to Increase Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Wellness
- The Low Down on Nutrition – Nutrition 101
- Health Food Tips for Busy Moms
- Combating fatigue through diet and lifestyle
- Healthy and Delicious Recipes (that are quick and easy to make!)
- Easy Ways to Detox and Cleanse your System
- Women’s Health (including PMS, fertility and more)
- Developing a Healthy Relationship with Food
- Keys to Maintaining a Healthy Weight and Body Image – Without Dieting!
- Natural Remedies
- Remedies from the Quran and Sunnah
- Incredibly Easy Things to Make Things from Scratch (from peanut butter and taco spice to homemade natural cleaning products – natural, chemical-free and saving you money!)